5 EFFECTIVE WAYS TO REDUCE FINE LINES AND PREMATURE AGING
Because of excessive exposure to pollution and extremely hectic lifestyles, a lot of Pakistani women suffer from signs of early aging. Fine lines and wrinkles, especially on the forehead and around the eyes can cause you to look older than you actually are. If wrinkles and signs of aging become permanent, there is little except surgery than can be done to remove them. However, there are some easy and effective ways and lifestyle changes which we can adopt to reduce fine lines and signs of premature aging.
1: Protection from the sun
Excessive exposure to the sun can cause damage to the skin, which can result in dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles and sagging. Especially in Pakistan, where we are blessed with lots of sunlight, it becomes important to protect your skin from excessive sun exposure.
Ways to protect your skin from sun exposure:
- Regularly use a good quality sunscreen with SPF between 30 to 50. Apply this to all the areas of your body that are not covered by clothing.
- Wear a wide brimmed hat or a light scarf pulled slightly forward
- Wear light colored clothes that will reflect the sunlight
- Wear sunglasses with UV protection
- Wear long sleeved shirts and pants to protect the skin of your arms and legs
Sunscreen suggestions: There are a lot of good quality sunscreens available in stores and online in Pakistan. Make sure to choose a sunscreen that best suits your skin types.
Nivea Sparkling White Family Sun Block SPF 50 UV Protection is effective and suitable for all skin types, and provides sufficient protection from the harmful rays of the sun. It is easily available in good local departmental stores.
Loreal UV Perfect Transparent Long UVA SPF 50 Sunscreen is a good quality and effective product that will protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun. Applying this product regularly will also give you a youthful complexion, and will help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. You can buy this product for PKR 720 on the online shopping website mentioned below:
2: Moisturize your skin
Using a good quality moisturizer helps to nourish and hydrate your skin. Dry skin is more prone to wrinkles, so using a good moisturizer will help to improve the overall quality of the skin. A moisturizer containing Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid is even more effective for reducing fine lines and signs of early aging.
Benefits of using a moisturizer: Essential for improving skin hydration, moisturizers increase the water content of the skin by directly rehydrating the skin from their water phase, and cover the tiny fissures present in the skin surface to form a protective film. This leaves skin soft, supple and smooth. If you pat a small amount of moisturizer into your face and neck twice every day, it will definitely work wonders for your skin, and reduce signs of early aging considerably.
Product suggestion: Moisturizing creams are available in different varieties for different skin types. It might be a bit tricky at first to find the perfect moisturizer for your skin, but it would be worth it. Pond’s Moisturizers are easily available for different skin types, and can be purchased in most local departmental stores.
3: Stay hydrated
Water is important for a lot of your body functions. Staying hydrated is extremely important for the flexibility and quality of your skin. Dry skin is more prone to tissue damage and wrinkles. Therefore, you should drink a sufficient amount of water daily to have smooth, soft and wrinkle free skin. Try drinking at least 4-5 liters of water in a day.
Suggestions for increasing your water intake:
- Add some fresh lemon juice to your water bottle. Lemon juice contains Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant, and is great for reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Cut up or blend some fresh berries with your water to make it easier to drink. Berries contain a lot of vitamins and minerals good for the skin. They will also make your skin look fresh and glowing
- Make some green tea, cool it down and fill it in a bottle to drink it throughout the day. Green tea is also very good for reducing the signs of pre-aging
- Water bottle trackers are a great gadget to help increase your water intake. It will take some time to adjust to an increased consumption of water, but water bottle trackers will provide you the motivation that you need to keep drinking water. Take a water bottle tracker everywhere with you, including college, university or at work.
- There are also many apps available for tracking your daily water intake. Using an app is a great and inexpensive idea for increasing your motivation to drink more water.
4: Take care of your beauty sleep
Lack of sleep can cause fine lines and wrinkles to appear faster. While sleeping, our body goes into a healing mode, and makes an effort to increase skin-thickening turnover, collagen production, and blood flow.
It is best to sleep on a silk pillowcase as compared to a cotton one, because silk will be gentler on your skin, and will lead to lesser skin damage. You can also use a good quality anti-wrinkle night cream before going to sleep. Gently massage the cream, especially on the area around the eyes.
5: Cleanse your skin properly
Dust and pollutants can damage your skin, causing wrinkles and fine lines to become more pronounced. It is extremely important to cleanse your face properly, especially before sleeping. Wash your face at least twice every day, and after sweating heavily. Avoid scrubbing your skin, since scrubbing can cause irritation, and irritation makes the skin more vulnerable to wrinkles and signs of aging. Use gentle cleansers that don’t contain aggressive cleaning agents.
Suggestions for effective cleansing:
- Massaging the face lightly before applying the cleanser is a good strategy, since massaging helps to prepare the skin for the products, and helps in the drainage of the lymphatic glands which could cause the face to become puffy.
- A tip for choosing a good foaming cleanser is to get a product that is low pH. However, if the cleanser’s composition is too acidic or too alkaline, it can result in irritation, tightness or blotchiness of the skin.
- Another tip for proper cleansing is to wash the face with lukewarm water after cleansing. Splash the face lightly with water, and avoid rubbing the face too much.
Product suggestions: There are a number of good quality facial cleansers available in Pakistan, in stores as well as online. Garnier Micellar Oil-infused Cleansing Water is a great oil based cleanser, which is safe to use, effective, and pocket friendly. A good face wash which is easily available and great for all skin types is Himalayas Foam Face Wash.
All of these strategies are easy and effective for getting rid of those fine lines and wrinkles that make you look older than you really are. Try some home remedies or good quality products to have soft, healthy, glowing and youthful skin. It is not necessary that you spend loads of money or time in elaborate skin-care routines. Just a little bit of extra effort can do wonders for your skin.
Follow us on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdU-XDT-3ohHiGpxGERHcMA